Telephones (also known as phones) are electronic devices that allow two users to communicate with each other through speech over long distances. They have appeared in several games.
Cube Escape: SeasonsEdit
There is a green phone in the Room that is present in all four seasons. When used, it will give a mysterious voice, later revealed to be Mr. Crow, that will say different things depending on the player's progress:
- In the Spring, he will say: "All that you touch, you change".
- In the Summer, he will say: "There will be blood".
- In the Fall, he will say: "The past is never dead, it's not even past".
In the Winter, the phone has been connected to a strange machine. When the machine is active, the player must travel back to Spring and use the phone again. A beam of light will shoot out from the phone and dissipate the corruption in the Woman's reflection. If the player travels to Summer or Fall during this time, the phone will give a fourth phrase "Find me in the past."
Cube Escape: Case 23Edit
In the Woman's living room, there is an orange phone on the table. After obtaining the phone number for Rusty Lake Mental Health and Fishing, 024355, the player can call Mr. Crow at The Mill, and if the newspaper contest has been completed, Dale can tell him the word; "FATE".
Cube Escape: The MillEdit
There is a telephone on the upper floor of the Mill, which at one point in the game will begin to ring. Dale Vandermeer will be on the other end, giving his lines from Case 23, which the player character, Mr. Crow, will respond to.
Rusty Lake HotelEdit
On the reception desk in the Hotel's lobby, there is a phone to the right of Mr. Crow. On the first night, it will ring, and Mr. Owl's voice will tell the player to look at his portrait, where he is holding the mushrooms for the first dinner.
Cube Escape: BirthdayEdit
There is a phone on a table next to a potted rose in Dale's childhood home, but there is no one on the other end. During gameplay in the first part of the game, the phone will ring and the voice of Mr. Crow will announce "There will be blood", and that "The past is never dead, it's not even past".
- The green phone in Cube Escape: Seasons is present on the game's title screen.
- While the green phone in the Room remains constant throughout the seasons, the support underneath it changes.
- The green phone in Cube Escape: Seasons bears a strong resemblance to the one in Samsara Room.
- In Cube Escape: Seasons and Cube Escape: Case 23, the two phones in the Woman's house both use a rotary dial.
- The phones in the Mill, the Rusty Lake Hotel, and Dale's house are all candlestick phones.