The Grandfather Clock is a recurring object in the Cube Escape series.
Cube Escape: SeasonsEdit
The clock appears and is prominent in all four seasons, though it cannot be used until the end of the game. It contains a variety of items on the inside and can be unlocked by adjusting the hands to a certain time. In the Spring, it contains a trowel, a key and a wire coat hanger; in the Summer, a spanner; in the Fall, a box of matches and in the Winter it contains a blue cube. In all seasons, the inside of the door holds a mirror that reveals the player for the first time.
Cube Escape: The MillEdit
Another clock appears in the top level of the Mill, in the possession of Mr. Crow. During the game it will begin to shake and, when opened it will deliver the dead body of the Woman.
Rusty Lake: RootsEdit
In 1859 after William Vanderboom dies, his corpse is hidden away in the house's clock. A year later, the player opens the grandfather clock to take the heart from William's body. However, this damages the clock and it falls into several pieces. It is not until 1889 that the clock is eventually repaired by Samuel.
The clock is later moved down to the alchemy laboratory in 1935, once the grandchildren have collected the timepieces. Setting the clock's time to that of the timepieces opens the case, and Rose climbs inside, being wrapped by the tree's roots. The clock's hands spin faster until the tree's leaves all have fallen down, and William is successfully resurrected as a newborn baby held in Rose's arms.
- A clock appears in the non-canon game Samsara Room. As in the Mill, it will open to reveal the dead body of a naked fat man.
- In Cube Escape: Seasons, the game must have progressed to Winter for the clock to open; even if the correct time is entered, the door will not unlock.
- While it does not make a full appearance, the clock from Cube Escape: Seasons can be seen through the vanishing doorway during Cube Escape: Case 23.
- In Cube Escape: The Mill, the grandfather clock shows up in the good memories of the Woman.
- In Cube Escape: The Cave, the clock briefly appears in the Woman's memories inside the Room, when looking into the blue cube.